Saturday, May 7, 2016

            In my first week of senior project I learned what it means to do hard work and that there is always something else you can do. Such as from cleaning guns to pulling out nails from a 4X4. The highlight of my week was when I took a class on how to teach hunter education. After a five hour class and a test, I got certified. I was, by far, the youngest person in the class. What I learned about hard work and teaching hunter ed is extremely important and is a very good life lesson.
            My senior project has been very enjoyable so far this week and I have been having a lot of fun working at the camp. I do not think I could get this kind of experience no matter where I go or what I do. I feel very lucky to be able to do something like this during my high school years. This has been a great experience so far. 
            Many of the tasks I had to complete were very necessary and had to be done. For example when I had to take the nails out of the boards it was because the boards needed to come out of the ground and it would not have been safe to leave them in the boards. I understand completely why I had to do the things that I did.
            So far most things have gone almost exactly as I expected. I knew that I would be doing maintenance throughout my senior project. However one thing that I did not expect was that  I was told that I may stock fish in rivers. I am very excited for that.
            I feel that I have benefited because of all of the hard work I had to do for my senior project. I feel I now have a better idea what a hard day's work means. I can already tell that this is going to be a very important experience for me.  I am very grateful for that and I cannot wait to get back to work on my Senior project.



1 comment: