Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 2 Reflection

            I had a very fun week during week two of my senior project. I started off by scraping the paint off of the fence at the Hunter Ed center. It is one of the first things you see when you arrive. It took a very long time as the fence was very big and had many different sections. Though it took a long time, it was will worth it. Now it looks much nicer when you drive in.
            Another thing that I felt very good about was when I managed to finally get very large nails out of some 4X4 beams that I had been working on for a very long time. This made me feel so good because it was very tiring to do this and it was also very difficult to do. Getting the nails out makes them safer and gets them ready to be reused for another area.
            The next thing I did was observing a hunter safety course. This course was for people who took most of the class online but they had to have face to face instruction for the gun safety part of the class and had to do a ‘shoot or don’t shoot’ course. This was a lot of fun to watch and gave me ideas on how to teach people hunter safety.

            A lot of people like to go hunting. Owl Brook Hunter Education Center helps them do this. Thanks to their facility they are able to teach many people hunter safety so that they can buy a hunting license. They are extremely important to the NH Fish and Game Department, as it is a safe place to do training. They also teach people how to become hunter safety instructors. The majority of the classes I have seen at Owl Brook tend to be middle-aged people, however there are occasionally younger kids. There are more men than women in the classes; they are trying to get more women involved. They are also encouraging kids to take the classes and even have special programs for them. It is a great place and New Hampshire is lucky to have it.

2 comments:

  1. Lucas - Awesome project. I am impressed by how much youve been able to pack in. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas - Awesome project. I am impressed by how much youve been able to pack in. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete